Sticky Fingers

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Seedlings are growing!

Sowed a batch of seed in March. Well, not just a batch, actually about 160 packets of seed so I am hoping to have good success since I have learned more about what NOT to do in my various attempts to grow from seed. Like leave them in direct sun, or allow them to dry out to nothing, for example. Just so you know, a seedling with sunstroke turns white (deathly pale), then it dies. Can't be saved at that point.

It's early days yet, but I just want to give an indication of the progress so far.

This is the first tray that I sowed in this batch at about 6 days after sowing:

Image hosting by Photobucket

And the same tray three weeks later:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I hope they keep it up and do well. Don't know what I will do with so many plants when they grow up, but this could be just the start of something big, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home