Sticky Fingers

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mammillarias are doing well

I keep lamenting that I do okay with growing but not so well with flowering. Now that I am noting and posting I realise that it's not all that bad. The mammillarias are trying to give me hope as they have been flowering since December. I guess the problem is that I don't have any identity for some of them so it's harder to refer to them. And the flowers all pretty much look the same and don't seem to be all that spectacular. But I do need to recognise them as flowers and add them to my success with blooms.

So just for the record - the unnamed that have been flowering:

I call this first one M3 - this week putting on a good show. I have decided to call the next one M10 (kind of random, you think?) - also in bloom this week.

M3............................................................................M10
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

To the left below is M11 (starting to see a pattern?). And this next one (mysteriously unnumbered) is budding again now but here it was while flowering at the beginning of February.

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

All four are now occupying the same large pot - maybe they are happy to be there since I put them out (exposed to the elements) in December. Or maybe they would have bloomed anyway. I will never know for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home