Sticky Fingers

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Waiting for the display

I have been wondering what to write about. I want to write about my Notocactus ubelmannianus but then I think I should wait until I have something to show. But you know what? I'm going to write about it anyway since it's what I want to do. I can always write about it again when it finally delivers.

This process is so slow that it is driving me crazy. The buds started to show in early March.


Then it was April, with slightly bigger buds.


And in three days it will be May: this is where it has reached.


Can't say there is no progress but I sure hope that these flowers open before I go off on my trip in two weeks time. It would be so disappointing to miss out on this one - the flowers are pretty stunning! Can only cross my fingers and hope for the best....

2 Comments:

  • I must say I admire people who grow cacti, you must have a lot of patience. It must be very rewarding when they flower.

    By Blogger roybe, at April 27, 2006 7:43 pm  

  • It does take a lot of patience - especially to grow them from seed, but when they flower, I just want to jump up and down and go "Woohoo! Look at that! I actually did it!" even if the plant really did the work.

    Most of them I like for the spination and shape, but the floweres are a BIG bonus.

    By Blogger Jade, at April 28, 2006 8:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home