Sticky Fingers

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Adenium obesum

I missed making last week's post! Not that I didn't try, but I was doing so many other things that I just didn't get to upload any photos - and there weren't any plants really screaming at me to post them either. Really a quiet week - no blooms to speak of out of the ordinary.

Then in the middle of the week I happened to take a look around the side (very neglected area) and realised that my Adenium obesum was in bloom! I'm ashamed to post the plant so you'll only see the flowers - it's not even in a real pot but just a shallow tray in which a branch managed to root and grow.

Adenium obesum



It's jumbled up with Euphorbia tirucalli, Sanseviera cylindrica, Kalanchoe daigremontiana, and assorted cacti all sort of growing wild - some now in the earth and others not, in a narrow strip of earth alongside the house.

2 Comments:

  • I started a few adenium from seed last year and although they are about three inches tall, they have no sign of blooming. Do you know how long it takes to bloom? Yours looks great!

    By Blogger Karen, at June 12, 2008 6:55 am  

  • Some times the jumbled up plants look the best...my whole darn yard it a jumbled up conglomeration!!!
    These are really sweet!

    By Blogger Julie, at June 17, 2008 8:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home