Sticky Fingers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mammillaria karwinskiana

I've had this plant for about three years now - sourced from MesaGarden. It's one of the few that adapted quickly and started growing and blooming. Other plants that I got in the same batch are still struggling to just get established.

I think that Mammillaria karwinskiana and subspecies do well in this climate, as I have a few types and they all bloom reliably even though the small yellow flowers aren't very eye-catching or spectacular. I have to appreciate them for what they are.

The spines on the plant were outstanding when I got it, but it seems to have grown into them. I'm now expecting to see it begin to divide dichotomously soon.

Mammillaria karwinskiana


3 Comments:

  • Hi. I don't know if my previous comment got through or not...but I had said that I have really grown to love very pale and white blooms the older I've gotten! They just look so delicate and sweet to me!

    By Blogger Julie, at April 17, 2008 6:25 am  

  • Dont you just love when these little cacti bloom. It always manages to put a smile on my face!

    By Blogger Karen, at April 20, 2008 5:46 pm  

  • Mamm. karwinskiana is a really nice species; I have the subspecies nejapensis, which divided trichotomously!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 05, 2008 1:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home