Sticky Fingers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Cryptanthus in bloom this week

I have a soft spot for Cryptanthus although they are not succulent plants. However, they can tolerate great neglect and little water, so they can fit in with my cactus collection quite happily. I just have to remember not to scorch them, as I have done with some of these and other bromeliads.

Since January we have been doing some repotting and trying to bring back some of the truly neglected plants back to decent condition. All the Cryptanthus had to be redone and since they are now being watered regularly they are much happier.

I have no IDs on any of them - this is the only one that is pure green while the others tend to be in shades of pink and purple. Any suggestions for ID are welcome. I find it very hard to search through internet sites full of photos when I don't even have a lead to start with.

This one is the most willing bloomer of the lot.

Cryptanthus

1 Comments:

  • I have seen these plants but never really knew what they were before...nice to know they have low watering requirements! Right up my alley!!!

    By Blogger Julie, at March 11, 2008 9:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home