Sticky Fingers

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My weekend's work

I managed to get some of my plants potted up to 4" pots this past weekend. These are all from seed, and I'm pleased to see them growing so well.



L - R:
Front row: Astrophytum hybrid, mammillaria sp, Acanthocalycium spiniflorum violaceum, Rebutia sp
Middle row: Mammillaria sp (maybe crinita), Lobivia sp, Echinocactus sp, Ferocactus sp
Back row: Lobivia aurea schaferi, Echinocereus sp, Mammillaria sp, Astrophytum sp

I've been accused of neglecting the rest of my collection that I didn't grow myself..... there may be some truth to that and I need to give the other plants some more attention.

2 Comments:

  • WOW...great job getting these plants up from seed...I am not brave enough to try it...was it hard???

    By Blogger Julie, at February 20, 2008 5:30 pm  

  • Julie,

    These plants shown are all between three and five years old. I must say that these are the survivors of my early attempts at growing from seed, when I made a lot of mistakes and killed many of them. Now I do a lot better since I have more experience.

    If you want to try it, go ahead, but start with the more tolerant species else you may become discouraged.

    By Blogger Jade, at February 21, 2008 12:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home