Sticky Fingers

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First blooms in December

I had the pleasure of seeing several plants bloom for the first time last month - most of which were ones I had grown from seed. While I don't seem to have yet figured out the conditions needed for lush and multiple blooms, I am satisfied with my progress, and the fact that I can tell people that my plants have bloomed, especially my babies.

These from seed:
Mammillaria sartorii - sowed January 2005




Mammillaria supertexta - sowed August 2004



Mammillaria dixanthocentron (which I think is var flavicentra) - sowed August 2004



This one a gift from Manny:
Rhipsalis species - I saw a good ID match and wrote down the name but now that I need it, I just cannot remember where I wrote it.


EDIT: Got the ID - Rhipsalis mesembryanthemoides


Others that bloomed, but not for the first time include:
Mammillaria albilanata (from seed)
Mammillaria magnimamma
Mammillaria nejapensis
Mammillaria karwinskiana
Mammillaria rhodantha
Rebutia marsoneri

I will have to post those photos another day.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home