Sticky Fingers

Friday, November 02, 2007

Cereus pernambucensis bloomed

I don't know how I could have forgotten to post the photo of the flower after all that waiting and anticipation, although I wasn't even here to see it flower.





The other buds aborted, so I guess I am not looking forward to another anytime soon. Now I just need to plant the head in a pot since it has started to root, and I should be able to enjoy watching it grow and hopefully bloom again soon enough.

I should really get it planted out now while it is raining, so it can get its roots established fairly quickly. Maybe I will take that on tomorrow (if the rain eases up long enough, that is).

4 Comments:

  • Very nice Jade. I'm really envious of your collection.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 03, 2007 8:33 pm  

  • Dear Jade,

    That "unknown succulent" that you´ve posted, with the yellow small flowers, is a kalanchoe. They are very popular in Brasil.

    Cheers!

    Gisele

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 21, 2009 11:39 am  

  • I love that optimistic spirit of yours! You have a nice collection of plants from seed. I have planted a few varieties of seed, for the 1st time. The little sprouts are......cute! Especially those little cat-headed or owl-headed Ferocactus gracilis var. coloratus, which I noticed you have also raised. Others I have
    sprouted include:
    Astrophytum hybrids; Cleistocactus
    strausii; Echinofossulocactus hybrids; Echinocactus polycephalus;
    Echinocereus dasyacanthus; Lapadaria margaretae; and various Yuccas. I hope they all survive, since this is my first try from seed.
    Marky, Louisiana

    By Blogger Unknown, at May 26, 2009 10:56 am  

  • i have one of these huge cacti in my front yard. it has about 50 or more blossoms ready to bloom, but they are turning black and dying just before they bloom. what is causing this. very upset, can anyone give me an answer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 21, 2009 1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home