Sticky Fingers

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Happy and Unhappy Pachys

The only two Pachypodiums in my collection so far are Pachypodium lamerei and Pachypodium saundersii. I prefer these to Adeniums because I think they have more character, but even so, I have not yet been moved to make any great effort to get more - but I suppose I would if the opportunity presented itself.

The Pachypodium lamerei (Madagascar Palm) is doing very well and has sent its roots through the pot into the ground. Soon I will need to put it into a larger pot.




The Pachypodium saundersii was growing thin and lanky so I gave it more sun - it has responded by growing even thinner and now it has lost its leaves. It had put on buds but aborted them so no flowers either. What am I doing wrong? And what should I do?


1 Comments:

  • Hi Jade,
    I just wrote about my Madagascar Palm on my blog a couple of days ago!

    I also have Pachypodium saundersii, and it too is long and skinny, but with plenty of leaves.

    I know my plant does not like water very often, and I only water it when it is completely dry--about every 10 days, even in summer. If I water it too often, it loses its leaves--just the opposite effect than would be expected.
    Aiyana

    By Blogger Aiyana, at September 09, 2007 2:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home