Sticky Fingers

Friday, August 10, 2007

Little Lobivia about to bloom

This is such a tiny plant - not even an inch across and it is about to give me a lovely red bloom. That is, of course, if the rain lets up over the weekend to give it a chance to open. Although if it opens just before a downpour, I'm sure it is doomed to destruction - will need to keep a close eye on it and try to get a photo.





The parent is terribly misshapen - long and etoliated but with lots of offsets around it. I am surprised to see this offset blooming already. I think I need to do something about the parent pot and get it back looking like a plant that is cared for - will probably have to cut off the original plant and reset in another pot, then let the babies all grow and clump up together.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home