Sticky Fingers

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Recent seedlings

I'm feeling good about my seedlings so far this year. For the most part, they have germinated well, and are growing quite well. Must be a combination of improved technique and conditions, good quality seed, and the new fertiliser that I have been using.

A quick look at some of them, mostly sowed between April and June this year:


Turbinicarpus pseudomacrochele


Mammillaria boolii


Gymnocactus beguinii


Mammillaria (Dolichothele) baumii

2 Comments:

  • Hi Jade, Your cactus seedlings look great! If you do not mind me asking....what type of fertilizer do you use. You mention in your post about your improved techniques....the seedlings look great!

    By Blogger Karen, at August 11, 2007 6:02 am  

  • Karen,

    I recently got some Cal-Mag fertiliser at a horticultural society meeting so I have been trying it to see if it will result in stronger growth. So far they seem to be doing well.

    By Blogger Jade, at August 11, 2007 12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home