Sticky Fingers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Echinopsis blooms

This past Thursday night was time for the blooms to open - my first two Echinopsis for the season. Last year I don't think I had any blooms until August - this is a little bit earlier and may be a sign of good things to come. Hope to have many more in bloom through the month of August.

First one is a creamy white. Other one has kind of pinkish mid-stripes.

Buds ... #1 ..................................................#2
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


... and blooms.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Still watching all the others very closely.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Glad to know the name of this cactus, it looks exactly like the one that I have. Mine blooms off and on from Spring through Summer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 30, 2007 10:47 pm  

  • My Echinopsis x 'Los Angeles' also bloomed today, with 10 flowers this time! This is the second flush this summer. I took some good photos, so I think I'll post mine tomorrow.
    Aiyana

    By Blogger Aiyana, at July 31, 2007 6:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home