Sticky Fingers

Monday, April 09, 2007

More plants stolen!

This morning I discovered that I have seven or eight less plants than I did yesterday. Someone came in the garden during the night and helped themselves to some of my treasures. A few of them aren't important, in that they grow easily and I have more of them or I don't care for them much, but a couple of them were mature imports that I was nurturing and I won't be able to replace easily.

Plants missing include my Notocactus ubelmannianus, a yet unidentified Echinofossulocactus that was about to start budding, an undentified Mammillaria, a Ferocactus grown from seed, two Huernias, and two Echinopsis. I was planning to go to a Horticultural show today, but was so disturbed by the missing plants this morning that I have been home trying to figure out how to safeguard what hasn't been taken.

So, no photos today. Hope I feel better tomorrow about all this.

4 Comments:

  • Wow that stinks.

    I hope the thieves get a bunch of thorns stuck in their @#%. Sorry to hear about your plants.

    By Blogger MrBrownThumb, at April 11, 2007 11:43 am  

  • Jade, that's terrible... like mrbrownthumb, I hope that karma comes and "gets" the thieves somehow. :(

    By Blogger Unknown, at April 11, 2007 4:34 pm  

  • I've been thinking about all sorts of retribution that would be fitting for this. At least the shock has worn off and I am looking forward to see how I can improve my security and prevent further incidents. This isn't the first but I'd really like it to be the last...

    By Blogger Jade, at April 11, 2007 10:22 pm  

  • Sad to hear you got uninvited guests :/

    Anyways, I like your blog and added a link from mine.. feel free to drop by :)


    Oyvind

    By Blogger Oyvind, at April 12, 2007 5:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home