Sticky Fingers

Friday, August 24, 2007

Some Haworthias

I'm happy to report that we survived Hurricane Dean quite well with minimal damage, but I'm still in the process of uploading the photos I took during and after the hurricane, so until I have those ready for posting I thought I would go ahead and share these Haworthia and Aloe plants that I was planning to write about just before I was interrupted by Dean's approach.

I keep these fairly sheltered from the sun and rain and water regularly (kind of), but I rarely take the time to really look and see how they are doing. So I lifted out some of them into this saucer and they are now more exposed but also more accessible. I just need to watch out for sunburn.



A closer look at some of them:

Haworthia retusa geraldii - one of the gems I got at one of the CSSM meetings while I was in Boston last year - now twice the original size.




Haworthia obtusa - got a tiny offset from my aunt and it has flourished - hers has since perished so I should be preparing an offset to return to her. See why it's good to share plants??




Haworthia coarctata v coarctata - Do I even remember where I got this?? All I know is that it is a very slow grower for me, but it is still considerably bigger than when I got it, shows no signs of distress, and I have set one of the offsets to make a new plant.

1 Comments:

  • Glad all's well and the storm damage for you was minimal. I checked your blog most every day, wondering about it. I also have some Haworthias and Aloes planted under the shade of a Palo Verde tree. Verbena has just about covered them up, so I don't check on them very often. This reminds me I need to do that...
    Aiyana

    By Blogger Aiyana, at August 26, 2007 2:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home