Sticky Fingers

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

More plants repotted!

I spent the day today repotting (and potting up) one tray of my plants from seed. I was so happy to finally get some soil to do this that I just had to get them into the fresh mix without delay.

Hours I spent, until the blazing sun finally defeated my spirit (I couldn't bear to be roasted any more) and I retreated inside and then did a little more when the sun was about setting. All in all, a very productive day, and I now need to tackle the other two trays that need the same attention.

This is the tray I was working on, with most of the plants already repotted.




The empty pots represent the plants that were potted up to bigger (4") pots. I will have to fill in these spaces with other young ones over the next couple of days.



The names, for those who want to know:
Front row, L-R: Mammillaria zuccariniana, Mammillaria wagneriana tortulospinum, Mammillaria labelled nejapensis but apparently something else
2nd row, L-R: Mammillaria lindsayi, Astrophytum ornatum, Mammillaria sartorii
3rd row. L-R: Mammillaria roseo-alba, Mammillaria lloydii, Mammillaria bocensis
NoID Echinocereus in the back

I have since added Mammillaria melanocentra and Mammillaria ruestii to these.

2 Comments:

  • You are creating very nice looking specimens. I try to find the time to do this kind of gardening but find it difficult. Glad to see and read your posts. There are probably many like me who look at posts like yours and enjoy but seldom comment. You are doing an exceptional job, wanted to say so!
    Chuck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 07, 2007 6:57 am  

  • Thanks for the comments, Chuck.

    There was a time that I thought I wouldn't be able to do this but I have made the time, and now I have no choice but to keep finding the time if I want to see the rewards.

    By Blogger Jade, at September 07, 2007 4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home