Sticky Fingers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Edithcolea grandis

This was the other contender for last week's post, but the flower didn't open until about Wednesday so I saved it for this week. Rightly, I should have been posting one of my Gymnos that has started to bloom, but it will have to wait. Maybe next week.

Otherwise known as the Persian Carpet flower, Edithcolea grandis is sometimes said to be a difficult plant to keep alive. That hasn't been my experience, as it is quite tolerant and easy to grow, and it blooms without any problem.

Edithcolea grandis


Quite a nice flower, I think, and not as stinky as some of its fellow Asclepiads. It fades fairly quickly, though. I caught this picture early in the morning before the sun took its toll,and for a change my camera didn't blur the photo when I got close up to the mesmerising whorls.



2 Comments:

  • Very interesting. I checked this genus and species out in my Succulents book, to no avail. The flower is gorgeous!
    Aiyana

    By Blogger Aiyana, at May 15, 2008 12:08 am  

  • OMG!!! This is really cool! Yours looks like a nice big plant, and I have never seen it before, or it's flower! I must have one!!! Thanks for posting!!!

    By Blogger Julie, at May 16, 2008 9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home