Sticky Fingers

Monday, August 07, 2006

Echinopsis again

This year my plants are definitely doing better in flower production.

I got a fabulous bloom last week from this unknown Echinopsis. I've been anticipating it for a while now since the bud showed up several weeks ago.


I knew it was going to open soon when it got to this stage....


And two days later, it revealed its true colours!








Sadly, the bloom only lasted one night, so this is what I have had to look at since then.


However, I'm looking forward to more - two other Echinopsis (both noID) have buds that are growing so....

2 Comments:

  • Awesom flower! Too bad it only lasts for a day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 24, 2006 7:19 pm  

  • Nice. I was puzzled as to the identity of my sister's identical cactus. Your blog gave me the genus and an internet search gave the full identity:

    Echinopsis Multiplex (oxygona) also called the Easter Lily Cactus

    Thanks,

    Paul

    By Blogger Paul Johansson, at June 24, 2008 4:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home