Sticky Fingers

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Echinopsis calochlora?

These may be Echinopsis calochlora and they may not. Could be some hybrid. The ID is based on the body colour and shape but I have many plants that look like this that I got from several different sources - from my aunt, my friend's mother, the Inspector, a nursery in St. Ann, Manny, and maybe others. I don't want to say for sure that they are the same until I see them all flower. And that is a trick I am yet to figure out how to accomplish - no sign of blooms on any of them, big or small.

This is my biggest clump - grown from an offset I got from my aunt. This is a 300 mm (12") concrete pot.


I recently got another one from Manny, already in bud so I got a chance to see the flower. I can't give myself credit for it, though, and still hope that the ones grown in my normal conditions will be stirred into action soon.

The plant.....


And close-up of the flower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home