Sticky Fingers

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

New gymnocalycium

Last week I had bypassed this gymno at the VERY EXPENSIVE flower shop, but when I went there later in the week, I just felt I had to rescue it to allow it to bloom. I ripped off the straw flower before I even left the store. Although it was a bit pricey, I console myself with the thought that it had pups and if I count them as separate plants then it's not such a bad deal. Even the pups are budding, so I am waiting to see the display in a short while.





I think it is a Gymnocalycium damsii variety (maybe rotundulum) and I hope that the flowers will allow an ID to be confirmed. That is, if they have not been so badly affected by the thick glue that was holding them back. The buds are still a bit deformed but they are growing so I am optimistic.

3 Comments:

  • Cool! Glad you rescued it.

    I'm loving your flower photos. I am way way up in Michigan - the snowy north - I had a neighbor give me some prickly pear that have survived two winters... I'm hoping to see them bloom this year.

    Cactus flowers are beautiful. Thank you for posting their pictures!

    By Blogger Jenn, at May 12, 2006 12:15 pm  

  • Jade, your blog is wonderful! Would you be interested in adding it to rden Voices on GardenWeb? You can email me at OldRosesBlog@yahoo.com if you would like to add your blog or if you have any questions.

    Thanks! Caren

    By Blogger OldRoses, at May 19, 2006 7:54 pm  

  • Oops! My html is a little shaky tonight. That should read "Garden Voices".

    By Blogger OldRoses, at May 19, 2006 7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home