Sticky Fingers

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Catching up

I've been busy the last couple of weeks since I have moved back home, and it has been fun "catching up" with my plants, seeing how they are doing, and of course inspecting, repotting, and trying to get back into a familiar arrangement.

So - no time for blogging in all that activity, but I will have quite a bit to post - what with many blooming gymnos today, my seedlings making progress (nearly gave them sunstroke this week and hope they'll be okay), new plants settling in, etc.

The grafted rebutia I recently got travelled well, and it didn't even wait to be unpacked before blooming - the bud had apparently tried to open while it was still wrapped up in paper but fortunately that didn't prevent it from showing its stuff once I got it set up in its pot. Lovely red flower - identified the plant as Rebutia krainziana. So here's the photo - enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • That looks so interesting. Like a modern art sculpture. hehe. I guess Mother Nature was into modern art, before there was a modern. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 02, 2006 8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home