Sticky Fingers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Naughty me

I feel as though I have abandoned my blog.

I haven't forgotten about it, but I just haven't been able to keep up with my posts. Not even once a week? Shame on me!

The summer was slow in terms of plants and flowers so I guess I haven't been at my most inspired, and then with so many other things to do, this just fell by the wayside and I kept telling myself - next week... next week... next week...

It has been rainy, rainy, rainy, this year and many of my plants have suffered - a mysterious fungus took over a lot of my seedlings (the ones about a year old) - I would wake in the morning to find them wrapped in a furry white coat and that would be that. Like this....





Some older ones have been afflicted with a rust-like condition and have gradually passed on despite my efforts to boost their resistance to whatever the condition was - systemic fungicide, insecticide, aspirin, fertilizer - I guess I just didn't know what to treat. Sick soil leads to sick plants - just when I thought that I had figured out how to manage these plants.

Tonight it is raining again and I can only hope for the best. I'll see what I see in the morning when I rise - I removed the ones at risk out of the rain, so all should be well - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

  • I was worried something had happened to you during one the hurricanes this past summer! Glad to see you back, but that fungus sure is ugly! I've never seen anything like it. Good luck in getting rid of it, whatever it is.
    Aiyana

    By Blogger Aiyana, at November 04, 2008 7:44 pm  

  • Great blog! I love cacti :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 14, 2008 2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home