Sticky Fingers

Friday, December 01, 2006

Consolea spinosissima

I think the flowers on this cactus are so interesting - they change colour as the days pass. I haven't been paying enough attention, though, to have a good grip on what colour they start at and when and where they end up, but I caught all three phases of flower on the same plant one day last week.

Yellow (about to change) ..........to orange ... then red



I can't get better photos of the flowers because the plant is so tall. This is it - over 3 metres (about 10 feet) tall now and was blown in the windy weather two weeks ago so it is now leaning on the fence. I'm hoping it will straighten itself back up but I may have to get a prop or something (not sure how successful that would be). I wonder how much taller it will get.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home