Sticky Fingers

Monday, October 16, 2006

Gymnocalycium gibbosum

This was just a tiny thing when I won it in the CSSM raffle in April this year - it was hardly green and had been offset in March so was just starting to grow. I chose it off the raffle table even though there were other bigger and more attractive plants to choose from because I just have this weakness for Gymnocalyciums (and I didn't have gibbosum).




I got it home and transplanted in May, and it started to grow.



Now it is putting on spines and looking like a real plant. It even has a small pup buried under it and I hope it doesn't perish before it is big enough to detach and set up on its own.


I'm glad it is doing well, because the seedlings that I had from a batch sowed in March have perished. I'd love another one, though, so I'll be trying to set more from seed again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home