Sticky Fingers

Tuesday, March 05, 2019

They grow up slowly

Today I happened to be browsing some of my old pages.  I found this blog, and I was so inspired by how well I used to do with my seedlings that I have decided to continue.

I couldn't figure out how to log in, so I started a new blog.  Then I figured out how to get access and I'm back!!  I'll figure out something else to do with the new blog.  Maybe the plants that aren't cacti or other succulents, since I've been trying my luck with a range of other things.  I am calling it "Green Leafy Fingers".

What has happened with the cacti from seed though, is that the biggest plants end up taking a lot of attention away from the smallest plants.  I am proud of the fifteen+ year old plants that I have grown from seed and their success, but I need to share my attention and energy across plants at all stages of growth.

And, just so this is not all about text and no images, one of my favourites - Astrophytum ornatum "glabrescens", about ten years old.