Sticky Fingers

Friday, August 08, 2014

I've been such a bad blogger!

Haven't added anything to my blog for over a year!!  I feel like a bad blogger, but there is opportunity to make up.

What can I write about tonight?

I have been having such success with blooming cacti this summer - especially since I FINALLY built my planthouse and have moved most of my plants in.  This was in May when it was substantially complete and only a few plants moved around.  It is now getting full and I need to get two more tables made to add to the seven that are in there now.



They really seem to be liking the environment, and it is so much easier to appreciate the plants when I don't have to be peeping under a table and through a mesh cage.

And just so that I include a specific cactus before I close off, this is Turbinicarpus polaskii blooming in May this year - in a 2" square tray.  I note that my last post last year mentioned that this was one I was nurturing.  Success!!



And another that has been nurtured carefully to bloom this April - Astrophytum asterias


Now I have so many blooms to share, I do need to do better at blogging regularly.  It is easy to talk about these babies that I grow from seed - to bring to bloom is such a rewarding feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home